Greetings Friends and Families of OSL,
First of all, thank you for your willingness to be so flexible with the Sunday morning schedule. One thing we all must remember is that our goal is to provide every opportunity to make members and visitors comfortable coming to worship and Bible study. The staff is working very hard to do the best we possibly can to serve your spiritual needs.
How much time do you spend thinking about habits? For some, you want to stop a bad habit. For others, you want to begin a healthy habit. One of the devil’s great work during COVID is getting us out of our spiritual habits: worship, Bible study, and gathering (safely) together. Our prayerful hope is that his schedule will permit you to keep and even enhance your spiritual habits and disciplines. In times like this we all need God’s Word and Sacrament, regularly.
At OSL, we have two top priorities which revolve around worship and Bible study. We can attest that Bible study and the increased attendance has been the Lord’s instrument to lead us toward congregational health. We have seen the benefits in many areas. The following schedule aims to help us continue to grow and love one another, as Christ Jesus has loved us.
New Sunday Schedule, beginning September 27
- 8-8:45am – Restricted Service (must register in advance)
- 9:00-10am – Traditional Service (live-streamed)
- 10:15-11am – Bible Study Opportunities (see below)
- 11:15am – 12:15pm – Contemporary
This schedule will serve us until COVID ends or Jesus returns, whichever comes first. Thanks in advance for your flexibility and compassion for your fellow members and visitors. We can do this and come out stronger!!!
In His Service,
P.S. – Please see below for additional details.
Weekly Worship Details (beginning September 27th):
8:00AM Restrictive Service
- Weekly sign-ups. (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)
- Masks are required. We will provide some for those that need one.
- Designated seating. Please find a marked seat for you and your family.
- Shorter Service. 30-45minutes.
- Spoken liturgy & prayers. No singing.
- Pastors will wear gloves & masks during Communion. (You are not required to take communion.)
9:00AM Traditional Service
- 8:50am arrival time. Please enter the atrium after 8:50am to allow adequate dismissal time for the restrictive service. Coffee and donuts will be located outside the Fellowship Hall for your enjoyment beginning at 8:30am. Coffee and donuts will not be available in the atrium until after the traditional service.
10:15-11:00AM Bible Study Options
- Pastor’s Class (In-person in the sanctuary & on zoom)
- Youth Classes (5th – 12th grade)
(Zoom only thru Sept. 27th, in-person & zoom beginning in October)
- Children’s Classes (3yrs – 4th grade)
(In-person & on zoom – zoom time TBD)
11:15-12:15AM Contemporary Service